March 31, 2020
RE: NOTICE RE COVID-19
This letter is to advise you of various Executive Orders issued by Florida’s Governor Ron DeSantis in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, as well as the following emergency protocol and policy adopted by the Board of Directors for Solara Resort Homeowners Association (the “Board”), pursuant to the emergency powers granted to the Board under Section 720.316, Florida Statutes.
To date, the following Executive Orders affecting the Association have been entered by the Governor:
Executive Order 20-87 (3/27/20) — All parties engaging in “vacation rentals” are prohibited from making new reservations or checking in new guests until April 10, 2020. DBPR shall “revoke” the license of any party violating the order.
Executive Order 20-86 (3/27/20) — Louisiana was added to the self-isolation and restriction list along with New York, New Jersey and Connecticut.
Executive Order 20-82 (3/24/20) — All persons coming to Florida from New York, New Jersey Connecticut must self-isolate for 14-days and are required to inform local authorities.
Executive Order 20-52 (3/9/20) — Governor declares a State of Health Emergency in the State of Florida related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Effective immediately, the Association has adopted the following policies and protocols:
- In compliance with Executive Order 20-87, no guest passes will be issued, for the security gates or any amenity, for the duration of the declared Florida State Health Emergency.
- All guests
will be required to provide identification (driver’s license or passport) from
the home state they are traveling from to personnel at the security gate.
- The names and addresses for all guests from New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, or Louisiana will be reported to local law enforcement for compliance with Executive Orders 20-87, 20-86, and 20-82.
- All community amenities will be temporarily closed for the duration of the declared Florida State Health Emergency.
- Any Association or member/guest event that is scheduled to occur on Association property for the duration of the declared Florida State Health Emergency is hereby cancelled in order to adhere to the CDC requirements that events for groups of 10 or more persons be cancelled and that individuals stay at least 6’ apart from each other in social or communal settings.
- Due to Osceola County Emergency Order No. 3 pertaining to COVID-19, which restricts non-essential travel, there is limited on-site staff to assist and respond to guest/member concerns or questions. Any member/guest concern should be forwarded management at email@example.com during the Florida State Health Emergency.
- The Board will hold telephonic meetings as necessary to respond to events as they develop and change for the duration of the declared Florida State Health Emergency.
- Any special or annual membership meeting that was previously scheduled to occur during the declared Florida State Health Emergency will be temporarily postponed. Such meeting will be scheduled and noticed by the Association to occur at a later date once the Florida State Health Emergency has passed.
- Any request from a member to inspect or copy Association Official Records will be temporarily suspended for the duration of the declared Florida State Health Emergency. To the extent possible, practicable and available, official records may be provided by e-mail to the requesting member. Requests for Association Official Records should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Association appreciates your understanding and wishes the best to the community’s residents and guests during the COVID-19 pandemic. Should you have any questions with regard to these policy announcements, please contact email@example.com.
Board of Directors
Solara Resort Homeowners Association, Inc.